Rules for Borrowing Books
1. The Central Library on Jinnan Campus and Yifu Library on Balitai Campus provide services of borrowing Chinese and foreign books in the fields of social sciences (except economic management) and natural sciences, and consulting service; The Economics Branch Library on Balitai Campus provides services of borrowing Chinese and foreign books about economics and management, and consulting service.
2. For books cannot be shelved properly and other unshelved books, please put them into the book-return carts or deliver to the staff instead of putting them anywhere casually.
3. Please go through self-help borrowing procedures and check whether the books are smeared or tore; if so, please inform the library staff to stamp the book, marking defacement.
3.1 General Book Borrowing:
3.1.1 Readers can borrow what they need from corresponding open-stacks according to the guidance on the book retrieval machine.
3.1.2 After selection, please go to the self-check machine to go through the borrowing procedures. Please check whether the books are damaged in any way; if so, please contact the staff to stamp the book damaged or marked.
3.1.3 Teachers and graduate students can borrow general books for two months, and other readers can borrow general books for one month; the loan period for new books, reserved foreign books and reserved Chinese books in the Economics Branch Library is 15 days. Books should be returned on time, otherwise, overdue fines will be charged according to the regulations
3.1.4 To renew a book, readers can log in to the library homepage My Library to go through the renewal procedures. Each book can be renewed once. Books that have been reserved, new books, and reserved copies cannot be renewed.
3.2 Inter-Campus Borrowing:
3.2.1 Inter-campus borrowing applies to the books available in libraries on other NKU campus.
3.2.2 Readers can log in to the library homepage My Library for inter-campus borrowing.
1. Fill in your phone number to receive a text message for free.
2. Entrust our librarians to borrow books for you via My Library.
Or: Nankai University Library WeChat Subscription Accounts - Reader Service - Search for Books - Select an NKU Library - Entrust
3.2.3 One reader may request 2 books at a time. When the requested books are available, the reader will be informed via text message, and the reader should go to the library to go through the borrowing procedure within 7 days after receiving the text message. Two consecutive times of violation will lead to the suspension of inter-campus borrowing privilege for 60 days.
Tips: To apply for inter-campus borrowing service, please open the library short message service in My Library for free.
3.3 Reservation Service:
3.3.1 Reservation service applies to the books that have been lent out in certain campus.
3.3.2 Only when all duplications of the book you need have been lent out in the library on certain campus, one can reserve it.
3.3.3 At present, the library does not provide inter-campus reservation service.
3.3.4 Each reservation is valid for 60 days.
3.3.5 One reader can reserve 2 books at a time. When the reserved book is returned to the library, the reader will be informed via text message, and the reader should go to the library to go through the borrowing procedures within 7 days after receiving the message. Two consecutive times of violation will lead to the suspension of reservation privilege for 60 days.
Tips: To apply for reservation service, please open the library short message service in My Library for free.
4. Please cooperate with the library staff for inspection and behave politely if the detector alarms when you are passing through the exit.
Regulations for Reading
1. The reading area is expected to be a place to study undisturbed. Please observe the relevant regulations of the library and maintain the orderly, clean and quiet environment.
2. All the books, newspapers, and dissertations in the reading zone are only allowed to be read within the area and should be put back to their original places after reading.
3. If you need a copy of a document, please use the self-service printing, copying and scanning facilities in the library. Items must be checked out before being taken out of the library.
4. Special regulation for doctoral and masters’ dissertations: to protect authors’ rights and interests, no more than one third of each dissertation can be copied. Please observe this regulation consciously.
5. For books cannot be shelved properly after reading, please put them into the book-return carts or certain shelf for books to be shelved instead of putting them anywhere casually.